Your final project is to be performed on our end-of-semester Sound Art Forum, Sunday December 4th at 3pm in Lincoln B21. You may use any technique from the course and any software you wish. I would highly encourage you to stretch out and do something you might not otherwise have done were it not for your involvement in this course.
Rehearsal and/or soundcheck times will be available (as desired) on the day of the performance. Please look for a information request during the last week of classes including the piece’s title, information, technical needs, and any other considerations (special timing, special power or audio needs, etc).
Some further suggestions:
1) Try to stay around the 3-4 minute mark (more if collaborating)
2) The following equipment will be available (others discouraged but available upon request):
– one dynamic microphone (SM58), one condenser (Rode NT1)
– 4 speakers (quad sound available)
– the computers and audio interfaces from studios C and D
– a 49-key desktop keyboard (like the AKAI in B25C)
– an 88-key keyboard, as needed
3) You are free to collaborate with other members of the class but you MUST CONSULT WITH ME and let me know what each person’s role will be. Outside collaborators are welcome and encouraged.
4) Create something amazing